Seniors Services Casual
Seniors Services Casual
Temporary Part-Time/Casual – 4 hours per week until January 2021
Friday, 9 am to 1 pm plus Casual/On-Call coverage
for Vacation and Sick Time
To provide sick time, vacation, and other coverage for Coordinators of Meals on Wheels, Better at Home, and other Senior Services programs as needed.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma in volunteer/human resources, administration or related field.
- Related experience in volunteer administration and/or program coordination in the non-profit sector.
- Experience working with seniors and persons with disabilities.
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships with outside agencies.
- Experience managing volunteers.
- Must be people oriented, outgoing, flexible, patient, dynamic and resourceful.
- Must be team oriented with working knowledge of seniors needs.
- Understanding of financial accounts receivable.
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to keep accurate records and carry out the duties of the position with independence.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with business insurance.
- To maintain efficient day-to-day operation of program services.
- To respond to inquiries with information regarding programs.
- Determine eligibility for requests for services.
- Ensure all necessary program guidelines and policies and procedures are met.
- Maintain accurate financial records in accordance with established procedures.
- Completes all mandatory learning requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Submit meal provider with timely, accurate information.
- Arrange efficient scheduling of volunteers for each daily delivery route.
- Attend and oversee meal packaging for delivery by volunteers.
- Complete client intake and assessment for eligibility.
- Complete detailed client grocery and laundry orders via telephone.
- Arrange efficient scheduling of volunteers for weekly grocery shop and laundry delivery.
- Share appropriate new client data with contractors for their scheduling purposes.
- Input client service data into appropriate databases.
- Wage rate as per BCGEU Collective Agreement, Program Coordinator 1, Grid Level 12 - $23.23 per hour plus 10% in lieu of benefits.
- This position requires Union membership.
- This position is open to all persons.
- This position requires successful completion of a criminal record check.
- This position reports to the Seniors Services Coordinator.
NO phone calls. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Chilliwack Community Services
45938 Wellington Avenue, Chilliwack, BC V2P 2C7
Fax: 604.792.6575 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12:00 Noon, August 3rd, 2020