28 hours per week until March 31, 2021
then 17.5 hours per week until August 31, 2021
The Youth Intern position is part of the Tamarack Community Building Youth Futures Initiative (CBYF), funded through the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy (YES). This initiative will explore needs and gaps for youth in Chilliwack and work collaboratively with the community to build a Youth Collective Impact Strategy.
Under close supervision by the Youth Services Coordinator, the Youth Intern will assist the CBYF Project Lead to plan, organize, implement, and evaluate community-based collaborative work through this initiative.
*Applicants must be between the ages of 15 to 30 years old.
Job Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge of web-based systems.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Punctual, and willing to work flexible hours, including evening and weekends.
- Demonstrated experience with leadership and/or advocating for youth needs.
- Assists in coordinating and connecting with partners, committees, teams and volunteers in all aspects of scheduling, programming and administration.
- Represent youth voice in engaging with the Tamarack Community Initiative as well as engaging with youth in the community to build awareness and connection to the community effort.
- Engage and participate in the growth potential of programming.
- Assists in planning, preparing and carrying out programs, activities, and projects under the mentorship and guidance of the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, conduct/organizes, administers activities with community partners affiliated with the initiative.
- Engages and builds awareness of the initiative with youth in the community.
- Maintains records, reports problems or concerns to supervisor.
- Completes all mandatory learning requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Wage rate as per BCGEU Collective Agreement, Unique (Under Review), Grid Level 6 - $18.22 per hour.
- This position requires Union membership.
- This position is open to applicants between the ages of 15 to 30 years old.
- This position requires successful completion of a criminal record check.
- This position reports to the Youth Services Coordinator.
NO phone calls. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Chilliwack Community Services
45938 Wellington Avenue, Chilliwack, BC V2P 2C7
Fax: 604.792.6575 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12:00 Noon, August 7th, 2020